Important Message Regarding (COVID-19)
WE ARE OPEN!!
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new guidelines that may be issued. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions.
- We will ask you to call/text us when you arrive
- We ask that you wait in your car instead of the waiting room.
- At that time, we will electronically text you a screening form to fill out and digitally sign on your cell phone
- After the screening for is completed, we will ask you to come up to the office wearing a mask (cloth or otherwise).
- We also ask that you come into the office alone. If necessary, one caregiver or family member may come in with the patient.
- The office door will be locked, We will great you at the door and take your temperature.
- Each patient will then receive a 2 oz. bottle of hand sanitizer for use upon entering office area and prior to leaving the treatment room.
- Before the procedure, we will ask you to rinse with a hydrogen peroxide mouthwash before any procedures start
- You may see that all staff, including the front office staff, will be wearing masks.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you.
- We have multiple HEPA-UVC air filters placed throughout the office.
- We have spent many hours tracking down and obtaining the proper PPE for our staff.
- We will have additional PPE on during this time. This may include: surgical caps, face shields, N95 respirators, and disposable gowns.
- Although we may look different, the quality and safety we provide to our patients will never change.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 586-203-8686 or visit our website www.DrZShelbyDentist.com. Thank you for being part of our family. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Bill, Amanda, Sharon, Megan, and Leah.