Important Message Regarding (COVID-19)
We at William G. Ziecina, D.D.S., P.C. take your health very seriously. That is why we continue to monitor the situation regarding COVID-19.
The situation around the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is rapidly evolving and the number of cases in Michigan is growing rapidly. Gov. Gretchen Whitmer declared a state of emergency on March 11, and subsequently has taken many steps to limit the transmission of the disease. In addition, there is concern that the shortage of personal protective equipment will negatively impact the ability to care for acutely ill patients in the hospital setting. Therefore, the Michigan Dental Association is strongly recommending that Michigan dentists close their offices beginning March 17 for at least two weeks to patients seeking preventive and elective care, and limit treatment to necessary treatment and patients requiring emergency care. The COVID-19 issues are currently evolving, and the MDA believes we need to do all that we can as a profession to contain the virus and to keep our patients, our dental teams, and our communities safe.
In order to ensure the safety of our patients that do require treatment and our dental team members, we continue to closely adhere to the CDC’s guidelines regarding sterilization and sanitizing. Additionally, we are taking extra precautions by:
- Screening of all patients prior to their appointment. Recent travel history and possible exposure history will be taken, as well as every patient’s temperature.
- Removing all non-essential items from the waiting room (magazines, coloring books, etc.).
- Increasing the number of times non-clinical surfaces are disinfected throughout the day.
- The above precautions are in addition to maintaining the high standards of care that we have always adhered to including but not limited to: autoclave sterilization of all dental instruments between patients, cleaning and disinfection of every surface in all exams room between patients, hand washing and disinfection is done between every patient.
- In addition, for the safety and well-being of our patients and dental team we ask that if you or a family member is ill, please stay home and contact our office to reschedule your appointment. We are happy to help you find another convenient time.
The U.S. Center for Disease Control recommends the following measures to reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19:
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
Please know that we will continue to monitor developments and will communicate with you as necessary. Thank you and let us know if you have any questions.
Also, you can visit the Mouth Healthy website (brought to you by the American Dental Association) below for more information:
Dr. Bill Ziecina and Staff